Saturday, December 8, 2012

Have Fun With Your Students

Since the last few entries on my blog have been about my research paper, I wanted to change it up a little bit. I'm sure that not everyone wants to read about how fractals are being used in medicine, so I thought I'd take a different direction with this post. I wanted to show that teaching math doesn't always have to be boring and mundane. Teachers are always thinking of creative ways to get the students to understand the material. Not only do teachers have to be creative, but they have to make sure that they are getting the point across. As I was searching YouTube, I came across a video that showed me how creative some teachers can be, and how they are willing to go the extra mile in the classroom.

This video (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XKviYiZhtZY) shows a teacher explaining a problem regarding 1=2, and uses plenty of different tactics for the students to understand the problem. Granted, the steps of the teacher completing the problem have been skipped over, but the way he uses himself as an example is quite interesting. I also chose this video because it also shows that teachers can have some fun with the students, and that teachers are also willing to let loose, and go with the flow. The video was shot around Halloween, and it just shows how the teacher got into the spirit of the holiday, all while giving a lesson.

No comments:

Post a Comment